Monday, October 27, 2008

My Little Funk

I've been in a rut lately. My job at the farm is over and I'm restless.

My dream/goal, or what I've been working on: freelance writing. I'm taking a creative writing course to "unblock" and it actually is helping, but I have such a difficult time motivating myself to work when I doubt that I will make any money. I know in my head that I can, but I don't trust myself. Call me self-destructive . . . I prefer artistic.

Anyway, it's also been really hard for me to not be outside as much. I'm such a free spirit that being stuck living in town is killing me when all I'm craving is the wide open spaces and room to stretch. I know it's coming but I can't bring myself to focus on the present.

We are going to look at a farm this weekend though. It's about an hour north and the owner is just looking for people to bring it back to a sustainable working farm. He's willing to make a deal on the rent depending on how much work we do on the place. It has a little over 8 acres and a ton of outbuildings so I'd like to see it. Who knows, it might be a good possibility. I just don't want to get stuck in this area though so I don't know how long we would be there, maybe a year or two.

I'm rambling. I get lonely here sometimes.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

<3 <3 <3

Did you get your invitation to your own party?